Monday, March 2, 2009

Nursing Exam Question of the day.....

A 62 year old male client is being discharged home from the hospital. During his stay, he acquired a nosocomial infection, Clostridium difficile. In preparing a teaching plan for the client and caretaker, which priority point would the nurse include?????


<>
<<>>
<<<>>>
<<<<>>>>
<<<<<>>>>>
<<<<>>>>
<<<>>>
<<>>
<>

Doody, doody, doody, do, doody, doody, DO, do, do, ta, do, do........

My answer is "WHAT ARE YOU DOING DISCHARGING HIM FROM THE HOSPITAL WITH CLOSTRIDIUM DIFFICILE??????

Clearly, I'm going to be that nurse that says, Nope, you are staying here. It's people like you that make my kids sick and require me to stay home from work.

the real answer is:
****CD causes diarrhea accompanied by flatus and abdominal discomfort****

They make the most common stuff sound so gross!! Aren't you glad I'm keeping you part of my studies??? You'll all be nurses by the time I'm done!!!

Off to study!!

2 comments:

The BirdHouse said...

I'm glad I'm not in nursing school. I wonder if I'd even pass?!?! haha

Unknown said...

Oooh, gross!