Thursday, June 26, 2008

Give me Prada, Give me Pearls....

So we have moved into our new home, and we love it. We love not living in an apartment, we love not climbing stairs...except the ones to our bedrooms. We love having a back porch and we love having a garage. What we do not love....the very thing I thought I would. The yard. Don't get me wrong, I love having one, it's the whole "taking care of it" bit i'm not so fond of. I mowed the lawn tonight. Yep. Mark it. I mowed the lawn. And you know, that might be the last time I do it. Maybe because after a long day at work, I ran out to get it done before the rain, only to be in the middle of it when it started. Then, to have it run out of gas when I literally had 4 feet left to go. Yep, 4 FEET!!! And my anal self won't let 4 feet stand alone. So I got to get my cute, little gas can, and the damn thing is built for a man. I had to have Maddie come hold the spout so that I could turn the "child proof" cap. It took me 20 minutes to get the cap off!!! For 4 FEET OF GRASS!!!! Only to overfill the tank and have it spill all over the mower. At what point do you say "the hell with it!!"??? So I finish the lawn, put the mower away and finally head in to make dinner. I finish dinner and head out to "clean up" the lawnmowing. Now that's a dirty trick. There is clean up to the clean up!!! As I'm doing said clean up, I notice a few weeds in the beds, so I stop to pull.....and pull, and pull and pull. They never stop!!! And now, my nails are a mess, I can't get the dirt off my hands and my sore legs are not from a nice jog around the neighborhood. So I say, give me Prada and give me Pearls, I'll leave the lawn for landscapers!!

No comments: