Friday, November 6, 2009

2009 Elementary Honor Chorus

Never in a million years could I have imagined the day one of my littles was doing the exact same thing I was doing some 19....yep, I said, NINETEEN, years ago. Madeline was chosen to participate with 300 other elementary age students from the state of Georgia in the GMEA (Georgia Music Educators Association) Elementary Honor Chorus. I took her today. We got her name tag, we bought the t-shirt, we found her practice studio. It was all hum-drum normal....until they started to sing. They started to sing and I got goose bumps all over my body. They were amazing. Little 5th grade voices, singing like angels. And that was before their conductor got a hold of them. I can't wait to post the video. Here are a few pics from today....



Clayton County Schools Performing Arts Center.....very nice....
Can't wait to tell you what tricks they have in this neat place!!



Maddie in her seat after a short break. The phrase:
"Mom, stooooooooooooop!!!"
Screams loud and clear!!!


Better pic of the practice auditorium...


Maddie and Maddie



Maddie and Mom


Ms. Johnson (Her choir teacher) and Maddie


Maddie, A friend, another friend, Maddie

More to come tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Sarah, Thanks for leaving a post on my blog! Your kids are cute! And how very awesome to have some good singers - in fifth grade too. That's pretty talented.