Thursday, June 24, 2010

more T.....

Ok, so like I said, T finished up 2nd grade.  Seems a little odd...since I think he acts way older than a 2nd grader.  He had a stellar year.  He impresses me like non other.  He is kind and aware, but not a pushover nor a sissy.  He is honest and he is a best friend....to so many.  I have an amazing son, that I know will make an amazing man, husband and father....in like 47 years.

Ok, end of year pictures.  At the end of the year, his class put on a skit about The Wizard of Oz.  Tanner chose to be the Tin Man.  Mom of course, chose to go over the top.  I actually felt awesome a little bad when the other little Tin Men came into the room, and the one little boy looked at T's costume and his jaw hit the floor.  I really did feel bad when that same kid said to his mom "Tanner has a real oil can, not this dumb watering bucket".  Yikes.  Overachievers can make life suck sometimes. 

Aunt Kathy did the awesome job of finding the oil can (yeah Aunt Kathy!) and then to find the right auto parts store that clearly loved kids enough to care about ordering the proper tin funnel for his hat.  Amazing.

Eric and I spent all of Memorial Day weekend running countless errands to find all the silver/gray clothes, paint, dryer hose, blah, blah, blah.  Eric spray painted EVERYTHING, and then saw a whole new side of me when I said, "Just trust me....the OCD in this instance is a good thing!!!"

And here is the awesome Tin Man:





Such a performer, isn't he?  "Let me stare at the back wall while I do this acting thing!"

Off to enjoy a VERY short summer and then back to the grind in 3rd Grade.

My "baby" is in 3rd Grade.  Vomitosis.

No comments: